Monday, May 01, 2006

Andiamo!

I'm packing my bags, reserving my hotels, and checking out rental cars - counting down the days until I catch my United Airlines flight to London with a connecting flight on Cyprus Airways to Larnaca, Cyprus. At this point, I'm getting a little excited, but also somewhat nervous about the little things: driving on the lefthand side for the first time (I think I'll splurge for an automatic so I don't have to learn to shift with my left hand while watching out for those other vehicles coming at me on the WRONG side of the road); will the island be over-run with rowdy tourists and tacky hotels?; can I drive across the border in North Cyprus easily and efforlessly and will they let me stay for a few days?; should I rent a cellphone or does mine have international roaming?; I hope I can work the computers in the internet cafes so I can add to this blog... I guess those are kinda big things. No doubt it will all work out.

Stay tuned as the time draws near. My first post will be from Larnaca Cyprus at an internet cafe, so we'll see how well it all works!

No comments: